- Along the Riverbank. Enjoy the splendours of the Whanganui River via its banks and bridges.
- Bason Botanic Gardens. With spacious gardens, lake and birdlife the gardens offer a peaceful setting for a leisurely walk.
- Bushy Park. Several well-maintained walks lead through this 90 hectare predator-free native forest.
- Gordon Park Reserve. A lowland kahikatea forest remnant with boardwalk.
- Central City Heritage Walk. View some of Wanganui’s well-preserved historic buildings, beginning in Victoria Avenue and with 38 stops.
- Castlecliff Beach. Time out on the sand or the dunes, or hike 2-3 hours at low tide to Kai Iwi beach
- Kai Iwi Beach. Kick off your shoes and enjoy a leisurely stroll along this stunning black sand beach.
NZ Property Guide
Wanganui Luxury Accommodation